Where there is a window there is a garden…
WHERE TO START WITH YOUR DESIGN
- Choose plants that flower in every season. You’ll always have something new to welcome you home.
- Plant tall foliage to provide color, privacy and a great place for insects, but make sure the plants you choose won’t block the front windows.
- Dustbins can be a real eyesore, so screen them with shrubs or trellising, or, as horticulturist Alys Fowler suggests, ‘Make your garden so pretty your eye won’t be drawn to the bins at all!’
- Use as little paving as possible. If you need to use part of your front garden to park your car, you can limit paving to only two strips of bricks.
- Don’t forget window boxes. They’re great for adding a splash of color at any time of year.
(Provided by Real Simple-House Beautiful UK)